Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Believe me, we're gonna do some damage.” ~Joel Zumaya

Dear Readers,

I have to tell you that it is not typical of me to post a mere 24hrs later, but.....
after yesterday's post and today's rereading of the last four or so posts, I must thank you.

I am thanking you because I am feeling good. This feeling is only possible when I blog. I blog because of you. I don't even know for sure that you are out there, but the thought of you reading, really is the catalyst.

So thank you.

I had hoped to return to Tuesday blogging and it looks like that won't be a problem. I am trying some new things with my life. I have some new aspirations and even a few old that I want to revisit.

You must be wondering what it could possibly be now, considering I have gone through so many changes, but really...isn't life about change? I'd like to share an excerpt from a poem that I just heard about.

Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

~Mary Oliver

A little background, today we held a moving up ceremony for our 10th grade and our principal mentioned the poem and spotlighted the last two lines above. Since I am Lola, I raced upstairs to google the poem and share a bit with you.

http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/133.html <---check it out if you like.

I feel inspired. What AM I going to do with my one wild and precious life? What have I done thus far? You know what? I am not even going to hop on the soap box to preach about what I have done thus far. Hell, I will even spare you the what I PLAN to do with my ONE WILD AND PRECIOUS LIFE.

What I will tell you is that I anticipate great things. I am so blessed and excited about my one wild and precious life.

I can't believe it took me this long to understand the ginormous possibilities ahead of me. What a terrific responsibility!

Who could miss this?

Not me. Not you. Not us.

Dear Readers, I encourage you to ask yourself the same question. I challenge you to write (or quietly consider) down at least one thing you intend to do with your one wild and precious life this evening. I have not figured it out yet, simply because there are so many awesome things I could do.

Oh! That reminds me of another quote I remember seeing somewhere....bear with me while I tip tip tip tip type my fingers over these lovely keys to my friends at Bing!.

“What would you do if you knew you could not fail?”
Robert H. Schuller

What would you do? Sometimes I do whatever the hell I want, but I am not so much thinking of what I would do if I knew I could not fail. If you read yesterday's blog you will see that I don't really think ahead. Lol! Anyway...so I am going to readjust my thinking a little bit.

Eh hem...

Instead of traveling through my life all willy nilly OR traveling through my life all content and whatnot to follow the crowd, the rules and the Esta(bullshit)ishment, I vow to do the most with my one wild and precious life, living each day without fear of failure.

How awesome is that?

Anyone who wants to join me, is welcome. New friends, old friends, I would even accept an old nemesis or two (contingent on a contract that I will write up for your trifling ass).

It feels so good to look forward to life. I nearly feel like I am being reborn but with prior knowledge.

For other great quotes, dare to visit http://en.thinkexist.com/.
You may see me there, I am always reading for inspiration, as you can see by the title of today's blog.


Dear Readers,

You get me, that's why I love you.

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment