Thursday, September 24, 2009

Twenty-9th Tuesday or at Least the Last Three Smushed Together

Whoa! Good Morning Readers:

Please don't bust my chops, we have a lot to cover today. When last we spoke I was on the cusp of celebrating my 2nd anniversary with My Lovely. I want to say that I was in so deep in the throes of love and romance that I could not get to you, but that would be an untruth. Yes I was, we still are deep in the TL&R but the real reason is I was super busy.

-This is the pause for you to get a hold of yourself-

Yes Readers, I do get busy. I told you that I am in a new district and I'm loving it. I really feel like I have a lot to accomplish every single day, but it is such a better feeling than just sitting at a desk..BUELLER BUELLER BUELLER..that is how I felt in the other place...which will remain unnamed. You won't get me to gossiping and trash talking, at least not on a public forum. Ok, I'm going to try to cover things in order, but you know me well.

If you have a real gripe, you ought to speak to My Lovely who took it upon herself to gift me a PERSONAL JOURNAL. Personal as in, only I write in it, only I read it....do you know how distracting that is? I love you for reading, I swear, but honestly, when I write in my PERSONAL JOURNAL, I don't have to censor ANYTHING. Oh I'm a real rebel with misspellings and curse words and doodles and everything! It takes a special person to be able to unleash the mighty pen (yes I'm actually writing)all over PERSONAL pages and return to a public blog.

I'm only back because I missed you. I'm not cheating on you, because I only give my PJ a page or two every couple of days. Ok? PJ is so seductive and alluring, with her cool grey suede cover and sexy rope tie thingie...whew, I can barely talk about her right now. Anyway...you don't bring sand to the beach, right? So yesterday, which was probably Day 13 of OMGGOTTAGETBACKTOMYREADERS, I received a FB message from someone asking how to subscribe to my blog. The thought of a new Dear Reader while my lazzzy a#$ is nearly three blogs behind truly woke me up. How dare I?

Now on the to MOST AMAZING THING I READ IN THE PAPER the other day. Bear in mind that it was only amazing to me and by no way am I the end all to amazing news, or maybe I am....LAT: Living Apart Together! It is exactly what it sounds like..couples who choose to live apart while maintaining a relationship. I don't just mean long distance someday over the rainbow couples. I mean real honest to sliced bread couples who are even married and live separately. How cool is that? I know some of you Readers may be rolling your eyes, but just think about it. Do you REALLY need to live with someone to love them? Let's just think about a scenario, just random, no ONE in particular. Beautiful Dreamer is in her 30's. She is deeply involved with Organized Controlled Dear. Dreamer is a little chaotic and does not feel too moved by a little dust or even a mismanaged dust bunny. Dreamer likes to keep late nights and leave her things where they may fall. Dear is very, very organized (which is great) and can tell immediately upon arriving home if her home has been breached by so much a leaf, while Dreamer could probably fall asleep with the KILLER in her bedroom closet. Dear strongly believes that everything has a place and every place has a thing and ne'er should the two meet, especially in a place like a miscellaneous drawer.

Dreamer and Dear could totally live together happily ever after without too many issues...or they can live apart together in happy bliss...going to their separate homes and exhaling...meet here and there to collide in love and romance that ONLY people with their own space share. Readers, please don't judge me, I'm only musing aloud. Even you happy live togethers must secretly wish your lover would stop doingthatbecauseImtiredofrepeatingmyself thing. C'mon. Be honest. Don't you want to just sometimes bellow, GET OUT!!?? Just think about it. It can work. Like any love story there are good points and bad points, Readers. My Love Story is good all the time, and My Lovely could have asked me to marry her 1.75 years ago and I would of said hell yeah, your place or mine? Flashback to my dark past: I was in a relationship that I felt more alone when she was home with me. There is nothing worse than feeling alone when you are right next to a partner. Fin! Is that correct? Moving right along....

Horatio Caine...sit down. You are no longer the Man. Readers, the other night I decided to watch NCIS. I don't really watch that show, but My Lovely does, so now and then I may catch it. Jethro Gibbs...stand up! Everyone knows that I love all the Law & Orders, CSIs and other related shows. Perhaps its the acronym titles, who knows? Anyhow NCIS stands for Naval (not bellybutton, lol) Criminal Investigative Service. My loyalty is with SVU, partly because Mariska Hargitay is so cool (read: smoking hot) and even Christopher Meloni has a hot factor....never mind the fact of B.D. Wong. Jethro Gibbs is to NCIS what Horatio Caine is to CSI Miami. In this week's episode, Jethro's team were being held by some hell bent terrorist in some hot, dank sandy tunnel. I told you that I don't watch this show...anyway...they were tortured, drugged, and damn near killed..at the final ten minutes, just when I SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE SENSITIVE PEOPLE WITH A DVR, I'M GOING RIGHT TO THE END...thought that there was no hope for them, the cocky beat down agent tells their captor that their boss (Gibbs) is a sniper and PING...like thirty-two sand dunes away a shot rings out and DOWN went the captor..bullet to the head!!! Gibbs is dressed like I guess a sand monster, and just rises from the dune!!! The agents quickly free themselves and limp to the exit of the dark stanky tunnel (tent?) and just when one of the now dead captor's cohorts is about to shot them PING! another shot and when the sand and dust settles, there is a silhouette of a sand monster, I mean a MAN, THE MAN, JETHRO GIBBS!!! I think if I was strongly into this show, I would have been bawling right then. I say all this to say, that I just might watch next week. I'm sorry Horatio. Put your sunglasses on and head to the sunset.

Last point..for everyone who ever lined there lips in a super dark pencil and then used a matte lipstick to fill it in, I have achieved smokey charcoal wonderfulness with my eye make-up. I never had the confidence to wear make-up, especially eye make-up but thanks to Carmindy from What Not To Wear (ah cable, you are sorely missed) I have skills to actually use eye make-up without looking like the raccoon that I saw on the 4 train platform on Monday. I'm not kidding. I really did my eyes beautifully and I really did see a hellified raccoon on the platform.

The coolest part is, I don't feel lost without make-up. I feel just as fabulous. You better too, no matter what you have on, what matters is what's going on inside. Love yourself and then others will love you and if they don't, they can kick rocks.

You get me. That's why I love you.


Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment