Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Third Tuesday

Good Morning.

So I have a looooong meeting today, and I don't know when I will be able to post again today. Readers, there is so much going on and then nothing at all. Have you ever felt that way? Its like being on a speeding train, yet paying all attention to something hardly consequental, like a daisy. Ok, fine, so I've never been on a train and held my attention on a daisy, but maybe I should. Anyhow, sometimes I feel like everything is spiraling and just when I think that I'm going to fall head first into all the ish, I'm fine. I've been living like this for 33 years and it has not 100% failed me yet. Note and highlight "yet". I know that it makes more sense to plan, plan and plan some more, but it's just not my thing. This blog is turning into a letter to myself I think.

Dear Lola:

Get your head out of your ass. mmmm no....

Dear Lola:

Did you pay your bills yesterday? Did you turn the coffee off this morning? Did you remember that you had your keys in your other jacket?

I left my keys home today, so that letter is too late. Dang.

Dear Lola:

Why did you have cereal and a muffin?? Are you going off to war, or to a meeting? Dude, what is your problem? Why are you wearing that brown striped shirt with the ruffled thingie? Does that look like meeting wear to you? How come you didn't get to bed earlier, so you don't go to the meeting like a zombie? Why did you take your time getting up this morning? Do you enjoy spending $9 on a cab???

Readers, we are too critical on ourselves!! The revolution is NOW!! Here is a letter to me, that I will carry all day:

Dear Lola:

Good Morning Sweetpea. Wow, your part is so straight and your chignon is so sleek. How did you do it? Good choice with the shredded wheat and whole wheat loaf this morning-that breakfast will keep you full until lunch later. Oh man, heard that you left your keys! No worries, you will get it. It will all work out. It always does, right? To be safe, call your mom, so that she does not leave the apartment. That is the responsible to do. Good job. Omg, how funny was Two and A Half Men last night? You laughed your ass off!! Good times, since you paid the cable bill, you might as well watch television. You know, that shirt is daring for a meeting, but I like it. Who says you have to look like everyone else, anyway? What do they expect, a suit jacket? Ha, that's interview wear, you already got the job. Did you enjoy the 30min you stayed in bed this morning? After all if you don't take care of yourself, who will? You spent $ on a cab, but it was to get to the job that pays you the $. Well, you go on with your bold, bad, beautiful, strong self. Be fierce, fanciful and fabulous as always!

Love,

Not only a Member, but Club President,

Lola

Ah that felt good. Today instead of beating yourself up for every little thing, appreciate every little thing. Appreciate the weather, your breakfast, your every little thing, but mostly the greatest thing of all, yourself.

Love yourself.

Love yourself.

You get me, that's why I love you.

Lola

2 comments:

  1. You crack my up as usual. You are very right, we should be good to ourselves. I know that's a lesson I haven't learned yet. I think I'll order my Bambino hookah now and make that appt for my laptop I've been putting off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I am thinking of ordering myself a little gift too. See how beautiful it can all be if you put yourself up to it? Life is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete