Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Second Tuesday, 3/3/09


Dear Readers:

Aha….Tuesday is nearly over, did you think I was not going to blog today? Nope. Here I am. I’ve been thinking over this blog for sometime now, as you all know Saturday was my 33rd birthday…I keep thinking about it and thinking about it, about my feelings.

First and foremost, what I recognize after my thought process is that my birthday was spent the way it should be, with family that love me. Prior to that adult thought I was a little aggravated. My Lovely did plan a great night for me, we were (yes were) going to go to Henrietta’s where I was going to get a birthday shout-out, a round of shots and 15min of fame in the cage. Yes, the cage.

The only way all this could go down was if I had ten guests. Easy right? I mean, she invited everybody and then some. Well. Apparently everyone and then some had something to do. I mean everybody. There were birthday parties, family things, anniversaries, out of town, exams…basically life. Everyone is expected to live their life and I cannot expect the world to stop for me. See, the loner that I used to be would have been mortified at the thought of being in a club, much less a damned cage. However, the social butterfly that I have evolved into, would love such an exhibitionist episode.

My Lovely let me know early on that a lot of people could not make it, as the day progressed; it went from a lot to all. The loner (or loser, depending on your pov) in me (she is still around, you never lose that) was secretly thinking that it was all a ruse and that our friends would just pop out of something, like she & I would be in some obscure place like the Pathmark and they would just roll from around the produce aisle….all “aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh we got you!!”. That did not happen. However, thanks to My Lovely, whose efforts would not be thwarted by anything or anyone managed to save my birthday.

Friday: My cook at work had collected cash for my lunch bonanza…Popeye’s Fried Chicken…it may not seem like a lot, but I only allow myself stuff like that on my birthday. What I did not expect was that she and two other staffers bought me a set that I’d been eyeing in the Avon catalog. How sweet was that? A ring, earrings, and a necklace, I was so surprised.

That evening My Lovely was coming to pick me up. Somehow she managed to get into the house with her key and into the kitchen without me knowing. She and the kids surprised me a beautiful cake from Sal & Dom’s and a book from B&N. She knew that it was important to me for the kids to spend part of my birthday with me. That night we slept at her house. She gave me my first gift, Slumdog Millionaire. What can I say, she knows people.

Saturday: My Lovely took care of me all day, from the moment we woke. It was a great day. I felt like calamari with lemon and we went to City Island. You see, My Lovely is the type of lover that I just mention something and she makes it happen. She is so considerate and so loving and I am so blessed.

Later on we went shopping for my other gift, jeans and a belt. This is so major, my 11 year old claims that he has never seem me wear a belt, he is right. Her parents came in from Florida to visit and gave me an awesome copper color bag and a flip flop charm bracelet.

Since no one was going to go to my birthday extravaganza we thought to stay in. The one person that wanted to still go was coming all the way from Airmont, NY and was upset that we decided not to go. Honestly, my heart was not in the hang out anymore. That friend was going to go racing instead and we thought to join her, but it would have been an hour away, so we ended up staying home. We played cards with her parents and drank. All in all, it ended up being a fun evening.

Sunday: Her parents treated us to Lombardi’s (delicious!) and then we went to Whole Foods.

Monday: Snow Day!!! No work for me, and I really think it was a gift from heaven. I spent the whole day home with the kids and had a date night all to myself that evening. It’s been a while and I had a good time. I always used to hang out by myself and I thought it necessary to open up my 33rd year.
So, I had a great birthday. I did not need to be surrounded by friends, but it would have been fun. I love our friends no matter what and even though I was feeling vexed I’m over it. I think that mostly everyone would have been there, had they been able to. Bottom line is I will never know. It will remain a mystery to me. Its not like we will never hang out again, I will see them when I see them. If in fact there were posers that actually did not want to do anything, it’s all good. There are times when I don’t feel like doing shit either. I’m not twisting anyone’s arm.

My birthday, like my life thus far, was blessed and full of love from the people who mean the most to me, and whom I mean the most too. When life is mutual like that, what more can you ask for? 15min in the cage and a round of drinks, sure why not? LMAO.

I appreciate everyone’s happy wishes whether via text, Myspace, Facebook, etc. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me……

I may have to blog tomorrow because something really aggravated me today, but maybe I will just sleep on it.

Goodnight! I’m going to try to trick my laptop into letting me post this…the life of a wifi signal stealer is very exciting.

You get me, that’s why I love you.


Lola

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it took so long for me to get to this blog. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. That's all that really mattered to me! Muah...

    ReplyDelete