Friday, May 22, 2009

12th Tuesday

Dear Readers,

Killing you how this blog is so late, and it took me 20min to get the title out...sure enough I could not seem to spell out 12th. I know right? Well, good thing there are more ways than 1 (ha!) to spell 12th. Whew. How is everyone today? Everyone ready for the long weekend? Wonderful. I did not see my inbox overflowing with BBQ invites, but that's ok. I know how you all do. Just because my Lovely is so fortunate with her little oasis of a backyard, y'all are waiting for us to send you an invite-don't hold your breath. Sheesh.

By the way, in regard to me seldom posting on Tuesdays, my Lovely's work wife suggested that I rename my blog Anydamn Day of The Week w/Lola. I'm thinking she might be on to something. I defend that I don't force you to read on Tuesday, so don't police me to write on Tuesday.

Anyway, I don't have big plans for the weekend, but its all good. In my life a good weekend starts and ends with sleep. Seeing as there is only one entity in the world that can provide that for me, I take it when I get it, which is often. Ooooh yeah.

Every time I write a blog, I read the previous one, so that I can check to see if there was 1)something that I promised to follow up on, 2)something that I needn't repeat, or 3)some huge fabrication that I have to keep going. Kidding...so let's talk about how HORATIO HAD HIS CORNIEST SCENE EVER this week on CSI. I did not watch the whole episode, but it was the season finale, so if you are one of those uber sensitive spoiler folk, stop reading now. How selfish of you to expect the whole world to keep mum because you have yet had time to catch up to your DVR. I taste a little acid in my mouth, I don't know what's going on with me today. Damn.

Back to HORATIO...so some mobsteresque guy had a little rat poison in his Prison-O's, causing the JailDoc to send him speeding away in a MedVac to the nearest hospital which incidentally was across train tracks, can you hear the choo-choo of danger? There was a young Black (that's another giveaway) cop with poisoned bad guy in the MedVac (I made that term up, don't feel like writing out ambulance). So here comes 1-2 cars and a train and OH NO OH NO OH NO CRASH, FIRE, OH NO OH NO..the poisoned bad guy, now looking not too bad, walks away from the scene, but I think he shot the YBC first, or something, anyway the YBC was really bad off...and WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS...here comes Horatio..looking somberly down (notice, he is ALWAYS LOOKING DOWN, like he is looking for a still lite Newport to jack) at YBC who wheezes out to something to the effect of "I did my best, I tried, I have a little girl at home," wheeze, bleed, wheeze, bleed...Horatio, as CALM AS EVER, says something like, "I know, I know" and then I think tells YBC w/little girl at home "that everything would be alright", but we all know that is not the case. Just when the scene nearly hits heartbreak level, HORATIO LEANS DOWN AND KISSES YBC ON THE SWEATY BLOODY SHAKY FOREHEAD!!

WHAT!!
WHAT!!
WHAT!!

Someone get Gov. Patterson and quick! I have never seen something so cheesy. I mean this beats all Extreme Edition Home Makeover episodes. Immediately, My Lovely & I got on the phone to discuss. We don't Twitter. We were both truly exhausted by that low moment on CSI. Really Horatio, you were my favorite character for many reasons, but lately you are spiralling down. I'm sorry...even though Gary Sinise on CSI NY is a total knockoff, I can't ever see him pursing his lips to kiss any sweaty bloody shaky forehead. Damn. You really jumped the shark and went all out in a hail of wheezing. I watched a while, but I could not get over the beginning.

American Idol anyone? I don't watch, the only entire season I have ever watched is when Fantasia won. So I thought Adam Lambert was pretty damn amazing, but so HIGH DIVA. Wow. As far as the other guy Kris...? in my head I see Angel, but I know that's that emo magician daredevil guy..I was surprised that anyone toting a guitar could win AI. Don't all attack me at once, like I said I really don't watch, but I figure if I talked CSI, I might as well hit a another as seen on tv. I did watch Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and Grey's. I talked about Grey's on Facebook, posting throughout the entire epi, so I'm not revisiting.

GG & OTH took really sweet lovey-dovey ways out, with GG ending with the crazy chick who used to be Buffy The Vampire Slayer's/Charmed/or some other supernatural girly show's little sister ominously asking to be Blair's roomie in college. OTH really let us believe that kooky-eyed Peyton was down for the count and Lucas was left being the single dad to an unnamed baby. Eureka! Peyton, Lucas and Sawyer (previously unnamed baby) rode off into the sunset apparently never to be seen again. Was I the only person who thought Baby Sawyer was at least a year old? WTH, they would have been better off with a Cabbage Patch Preemie. When they drove off, Toddler Sawyer was supposed to be about 8weeks if that much, homegirl was listening to her ipod and chewing Trident. Way to go OTH. Way to go.

In case anyone is wondering why I have not touched THE MOST AMAZING THING THAT HAPPENED AT THE GYM, is because I have not been regular enough to talk about it. I think I went last week, and if I did, I did not see anything worthy. I don't remember if I told you about YogaGirl...hmmm...one day I was at the gym, trying to keep up with the Jones' on the No Joke, and there was one girl wearing yoga pants and effortlessly speeding through her workout. She was not sweating in the least, yet watching her nearly made me sweat. She was wearing dark purple yoga pants, which looked fabulous. For all the speeding, she didn't have a wedgie and the pants were not riding up. I guess she read my blog about appropriate gym underwear. I wondered to myself if she was actually into yoga, or if she was just wearing the pants. Don't mock me, this is how my mind works.

After my workout, I fakewalked to the weight area, yawned and rolled my eyes. That is the bulk of my weight training..I do the same ish each time. Walk, yawn, roll and head to the locker room. Lo and behold YogaGirl did not disappoint! As I headed to the locker, I saw her stretching near the mirrors and she...ok let me try to do it justice, she had her hands flat down in front of her and her legs extended out, she took a deep breath and then LIFTED HER LEGS YOGA PANTS AND ALL up and still extended, she looked like a human T. WOW. I thought to secretly stalk her. I could learn something, at the very least be truly amazed and inspired. I can't imagine you are reading, Yogagirl, but if you are, I am impressed, though not surprised, seeing how you WHIPPED the No Joke into shape.

Who can go to the gym with that kind of pressure?

You get me, that's why I love you.

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment