Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thirteenth Tuesday

Hello! I’m asking you all to send all shredded paper and whatnot to my home because I am getting ready for a ticker tape parade to CELEBRATE THE GREATEST THING THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN ABOUT A WEEK….yes, Dear Readers, for those of you who know me beyond this keyboard, you know that since January 27, 2009, I have opened my home to not one, not two, not three, BUT FOUR FAMILY MEMBERS and all their stuff. What caused you to be such an angel, Lola, you ask? Well I don’t know, maybe one too many liquid diets. Anyhow, by the grace of God they are on their way out. The ink is soon to dry on the leases and then I and my too (yes too) cool kids will have our life back. I think I’m tearing. It’s been a long, long, long five months, but we did it! This morning, there was a little grumbling from one of the OTHERS about being ready to go and blah blah can’t take it no more, grumble, grumble, lawd help me, blah blah…well I say THANK YOU JESUS….THE LORD HAS HELPED US ALL! Readers, I do not praise loudly, nor do I march weekly into church, but I am firm in my beliefs, and I do believe that there is supreme reason for everything.

That is all the praise you will hear out of me this blog. Back to the confetti! Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy! This week will be busy, as I try my best to get my home back in shape, although it will be hard to do it, since I’m going to be giddy and all stupidesque. I think I’m almost too giddy to complete this blog. Just so you know my typing is all jacked up. Whatever, man, right? RIGHT!? My Lovely is going to be on board in helping me get my home back to MY WAY. She is clearly the most organized person in the entire world; I am so blessed to have her. We have already drawn up how the apartment is going to be redecorated.

Initially, I could think about was getting things back to where they were, but these five months have given me reason to think about how things could be different. A whole new start, A WHOLE NEEEEW WORLD, A WHOLE NEW…I don’t know the rest of the words, but I’m sure somebody does. The Aim and Do Now (anyone remember that from school?) is to get things right, so that we can move on to pack for OUR FABULOUS FAMILY VACATION at the end of the month!! Can you stand all this excitement on a Tuesday? Please stay with me. You know that for every joyous moment in your life there are no less than four folk giving you the screw face, so Readers, send me your good vibes.

Of course I will miss all the weekends that I spent with My Lovely, and I will miss Wednesday nights, when we would use Lost to get lost within ourselves, but that is ok. It is a small sacrifice, for my smile to be back. It got to the point that my only genuine smile was at her house, to the point when I looked forward to being at work, so I would not have to be home. That was so wrong of me, I knew better. I will never again allow anyone to smite my joy; life is too short for that.

A month ago, I started thinking that after all this madness that my good deed quota would be complete, and my blessing meter would be overfilling, but now that I have had time to reconsider, I realize that it is not my personality to not do for others. I will still be the same old me, I don’t expect anything in return. I’m not changing. I tell you one thing though; this will be the LAST TIME I do anything of this gravity. You simply cannot just share your home. At the end of the day, home is where you go to release, to breath, just breath and once you lose that, what have you left?

I’m no martyr and I won’t put myself in that position anymore. Done, finito, bye bye birdie. I will keep you posted on How Lola Got Her Room(s) Back…..

Sing with me,
FIVE,
FIVE,
FIVE SHORT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYS

FIVE,
FIVE,
FIVE SHORT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYS

To the tune of the #@%way commercial for the $5 foot longs…you know the song.
You get me, that’s why I love you!

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment