Monday, June 15, 2009

Fifteenth Tuesday

June 15, 2009

Hello Readers,

I don’t know what Tuesday this should be, especially since its Monday. I’m sorry I am out of whack (someone just told me that, that I am out of whack) and out of touch. The internet is down today so I am actually blogging in GASP Microsoft Word! It’s shocking to me, too; don’t feel bad. I missed last Tuesday which I am sure is a huge shock to you all. How have you been? It’s a soggy June in NY….well there I go just giving out more information than necessary. At least I didn’t say it was extra soggy on bleep north and bleep avenue. Since I don’t have the benefit of my last blog to review, I don’t know what, if anything, we were supposed to discuss Tuesday, June 9th. I do recall telling you about my son’s birthday, which was a great time.

This past weekend, feels like ages ago, my Lovely & I took escape from the trappings of everyday life while we hid away in a still undisclosed location. It was fabulous. Thank you, Baby. The room was perfect. It was so relaxing from the minute I sat in the car on Friday, to the minute I slipped into my bed last night, the weekend was wonderful. We had dinner…the most amazing thing ever, WE SENT BACK OUR STEAKS…hell yeah we did! It may not sound like a big deal to you, but to us, that warrants celebration. Neither steak was to our request, so we sent them back and had the NERVE to keep our potato sides. The manager himself saw to it that our orders were correctly fulfilled and those steaks and BRAND NEW POTATO SIDES were fabulous. Lovely and I both agreed that we were officially living. Officially living brings to mind the book series that we are currently following, the True Blood books. True Blood is a vampire and more series on HBO. We heard about the show from a very, very, good, pregnant (yeehaa) friend, who we hold in high regard. Since Lovely and I don’t subscribe to HBO, we instead opted for the books. So far, so good…in fact, so good that I’ve ordered the DVDs from Netflix. I don’t have to explain why “officially living” makes me think of True Blood, do I? Seriously, Dear Readers, I give you enough credit.

You know what else I did on the vacation??? Yes, of course, but I am talking about things appropriate for this venue…I learned how to swim. Yes, I did. What do you mean you can’t believe I didn’t know how to swim in the first place, so what do I mean by saying I learned? I did not know how to swim and my Lovely taught me in about 30min. She is a genius, I swear to you. You still seem stuck on the idea of me not knowing how to swim. For your reference, here is a short list of things I do not know how to do…..

1. Drive
2. Bike
3. Pilot
4. Skate
5. Dance
6. Cartwheel

There are more things, but I’m not about to go into the pages and pages. I tell you though, my list of things I can do is longer. I plan on learning to drive this summer, and since I’ve been planning that for the last nine summers, this is it! I started to learn how to bike when I was a kid, but every time I attempted to turn a corner, the bike tipped, that can get real tired, real fast. If I didn’t grow so fast, I probably would have stayed on my red tricycle well into middle school. A VIP in my life requested that I learn how to fly a plane, and I would do anything for this wonderful, beautiful, smart, amusing, delightful VIP, but I think I’d need to drive first. How am I supposed to land a plane if I can’t work the runway? I skated a bit when I was younger at the now defunct Skate Key. It’s probably a Family Dollar now. I don’t remember if I enjoyed skating. I know that I enjoyed the chicken fingers (oink). Dancing is not something I am good at and pretty much is the reason behind the season of immobility for me. I think that people, who can dance, can do ANYTHING. I’m much better now, because my Lovely makes me feel like I can do ANYTHING, so with her in lead, it kinda works. Prior to her, it took more than a few shots of magic tequila for me to bust a move….one too many shots would cause me to bust my bleep, though. I have come a long way from the wallflower I used to be. I went from wallflower to barfly, now I can actually stand close to the dance floor, as long as I have something to do with my hands. You take that where ever you want. I don’t think I have to explain cartwheel. Obviously I can’t do that. I’m all limbs, it would not be pretty. I can probably strike cartwheel from my list, since who really cares if I cartwheel. Although, if I really learn to dance, than I guess I can cartwheel.

Cart wheeling reminds me of something else that has transpired since we last spoke. My hair is 7inches shorter. Yes I did! Snip, snip, CHOP! I needed a change. Honestly, I’ve only been keeping my hair long because it was a challenge. What was I trying to prove? My hair is uber curly and the longer it got, the wavier and the weirder. I love my hair, don’t get me wrong. However the length was really killing its real essence and that would be the curl. So now my hair is nice and short and just as big as before, except without all the length. I feel really good about my cut. People are asking what I use in my hair and really, it’s nothing special. It curls on its own. Short like this feels right to me. I roll out of bed and with a toss of my head, I’m good to go. It’s me, and like other me-isms lately, I am really finding myself. I am curly! Ba ba ba ba ba baaaaaaaaaaaa (a little Jackson 5 for you)!!

With my hair so short, it would be easy for me to cartwheel now, SHOULD I decide to learn. Before snip, snip, CHOP it would have been hazardous to everyone around me, including me. I know some Dear Reader out there was wondering why cartwheels make me think of my haircut. You can call me a lot of things, but one thing I am is thorough. Usually.

I have to let you go now, go forth and do good things. While you are at it, treat yourself to an undisclosed getaway and show yourself some love. Show yourself forgiveness and be easy with yourself. Trust me when I tell you, EVERYONE is going to judge you; EVERYONE is going to lay blame on you for something. If you can’t forgive yourself, who will? I can say that I forgive you, but your real forgiveness begins with you. So you jacked something up, oh well, fix it and forget it….go to a spa. We did. FABULOUS!!


You get me, that’s why I love you!

Lola Less Locks (Locks Less sounds too much like Loch Ness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment