Monday, June 22, 2009

Sixteenth Tuesday Recycle-A-Blog

Dear Readers,

This blog was previously penned in 2007. I enjoyed writing it then, and I hope you enjoy reading it now. I am getting ready for my awesome family vacation and uber busy at work and at home. Save a byte, spare a blog - Recycle! In case you are wondering, my tooth has been restored from ChickenGate and my glass chicken is on the shelf.

You get me, that's why I love you.

Lola


10/20/07

So, I am reflecting on yesterday. I guess I am stuck on your offer of “hard love”. Although I don’t think it can be considered an offer, since it was more a declaration. You said you were going to “love me hard”. This caused me to consider the word hard and its uses. Hard candy lasts a long time and can be tasty depending on the preference. If your hard love is similar to hard candy, then yes, I want it. I want us to last a long time and I love the taste of you. On the other hand, you can choke on hard candy-like a jawbreaker (which I am terribly afraid of, I don’t think I have sucked on one long enough for fear of the potential choking hazard). I don’t feel like choking. The hard palate is a thin horizontal bony plate of the skull, located in the roof of the mouth. It spans the arch formed by the upper teeth. Basically it works with the tongue to form necessary speech sounds. It also protects the teeth. I simply cannot be anymore random-Wikipedia will be the end of me. If your hard love is similar to the hard palate, then yes, I want it. With you, I am inspired to express myself with words; I am encouraged to discover new ways to describe you and understand the you/me/us. As far as protecting the teeth, well, you know my stance on teeth. However, the thought of protection is rather comforting-whether it be teeth or not. I would like to think that teeth don’t need so much protection but after the chicken leg incident, I beg to differ. I have my own thoughts, not influenced by Wikipedia or long ago piƱatas or the chicken-shaped glass candy bowl. I’m so excited. I took a moment to Google the candy bowl and I actually found it. Now a moment of silence for a huge part of my childhood. ____________ Well. That was awesometastic. Now I guess I have to buy that chicken bowl. If in your pursuit of loving me, you come across that chicken bowl…I will be so in debt to you. I have not tangented off the subject at hand. I really have not. This is a brainstorm, a thought process and it would behoove me to allow every thought here to be heard if not at least recognized. I say this all to say; if you mean that you would like to share a good, no, awesome meal with me; then I cannot say no to such an offer-does that fall under hard love? If it means that you rather nothing more than to wake up under the same roof-but not necessarily the same bed-than that sounds promising. I have been accused of late night crazy leg-and I would not want to subject you to such.


I mean, I guess if thoroughly tired out, my crazy legs would behave…you know, I don’t think you would consent to different beds, I mean it worked for Lucy and Ricardo, at least on television. Did you ever read anything on their real life? Typical booze induced violence and infidelity, but this is not about the conception of Little Ricky-more the conception of Joaquin. I wish there was enough time in life to personally tell you all of this and more. However the moment comes sporadically at best. If I called you every time I had a thought, you would start forwarding calls to voicemail. I doubt you want to hear any of my random thoughts at any random hour. Or do you? Do you actually enjoy my rambling? Remember the night when I cracked myself up at the thought of living on a block between two corners, Turkey and Loser? I think it was 181st Street between Turkey and Loser. I don’t know where my fixation on poultry comes from-but it must have some deep rooted ties to poverty. Chicken is cheap. Is that why chicks express themselves with cheep-cheep? I am so sorry if this is taking up so much of your time. I think its best I get this out when I can-so that when I am in your presence, we can talk work, politics, religion and live bands. I know live bands don’t necessarily fit there, but who really needs a fit? Not me. I think I fit you though. I think you fit me as well. We change though, like amoebas. You know amoebas…geek like me…single celled organism. I just had a random memory of a presentation that I gave in 6th grade. I kept saying “orgasm” instead of “organism”. I can tell you, Sr. Katherine was not pleased. Neither was I, only I was more dismayed at lunch when a well-versed 7th grader explained my mistake. Anyway, back to us, this is not about stuffy Sr. Katherine or an oversexed (at least in his mind) 7th grader. Amoebas change yet still stay the same. I don’t know that for a fact and Wikipedia is not the best source of scientific information…and despite the whole “look it up dear” promotion of Encyclopedia Britannica, my set was never completed. My cousin just abused his set and I inherited the odd and ends. So, I guess I accept your proposal if we stick to the rules and do it like the amoebas. Ever changing, yet ever the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment