Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fourteenth Tuesday 12th Birthday Dr"." Edition

Good Morning Readers!

How is everyone this beautiful Tuesday? Today's blog is in honor of My Son who is celebrating his 12th birthday today! I'm just as shocked as you are, and I've been witness to all his years of greatness. This morning I woke him up uber early so we could sneak out for breakfast at the diner. Children really know to feel a birthday. Typically when I wake him I have to call him about seventy-four times...with a few select threats and well placed jabs to his rickety ribs.

Today, all I did was whisper from the bathroom...the first thing out of his mouth was, "aaah its my birthday"...dude leapt out of bed like the next star of So You Think You Can Dance. I barely heard his feet hit the floor. He was dressed in record time. At the diner, he had Eggs Benedict for the first time and totally loved it. By the time you read this, Dear Readers, you have or will hear soon the loudest squeal ever from our modest block, because My Lovely and I GOT HIM THE PSP 300O AND THREE GAMES!!! He is doing so much better than me, I think I got an Etch A Scetch Animator for my 12th birthday, if it was even out by then. Maybe that's the year I got my first name brand sneakers, a pair of Ellese. Oh boy. I'm a mummy. If I ask my kids about either of those items, I will get crickets. Straight crickets.

I'm really looking forward to later. I asked the Grown 12yr Old what he would like for dinner....this mofo wants stuffed mushrooms. I blame myself. What 12yr old boy asks for stuffed mushrooms for dinner? Son of Foodie Extraodianaire...secretly I'm thrilled that he chose something so cool. I would have been heartbroken if he asked for a double cheese, extra pickles. So tonight that's what's for dinner. If I could, I'd have you over!

It feels so good to be A Mom. Granted, its the toughest job in the world, but I would not trade it for anything. I love, love, love my children. It is something else dealing with two me's, honestly I don't know how anyone can stomach the original cut....

Speaking of cuts...yesterday I went back to the dentist. When last we spoke dentalesque, I had a root canal. Yesterday I went back for the crown lengthening. Crown lengthening is when your tooth is so jacked up that the gums surrounding want to protect it from the world and they crowd around it...the procedure requires a dentist to peel and hack away at the gums to reveal precious good tooth. I can say peel and hack away, because I lived to tell. I knew I was in for it when the assistant gave me two super strength Tylenols BEFORE the procedure. She gave them to me with a knowing look that nearly made me bolt from the chair. The dentist numbed me with so many drugs that the procedure was at 5pm and I didn't feel my cheek fully until after 9pm. The numbing process stung a little, but the sound of the drill and the little hammer thingies was terrifying. She worked fast, at the time I thought she was worried about the drugs wearing off. I was shaking like a leaf in October. Just when I thought I could not deal with anything else, mind you, my eyes were screwed SHUT, damn sure I was not watching this...I feel the thread against my lip as she STITCHED AWAY....OMG....AT LEAST DURING MY LAST MAJOR STITCH PROCEDURE I HAD A BABY TO SHOW FOR IT....I was thinking OMG...before my imagination built a monsterous needle and blood drenched thread it was over. That's it. She started giving me after care instructions...I looked at my phone, the whole ordeal was under 30min. I lived through it. My wait in the reception room was longer than the whole thing.

Actually my wait at the pharmacy was longer. Thanks Jon and Kate for giving my something to read while I wait...you so blow Octomom out of the picture with all your drama...apparently Kate had Jon on a $5 a day allowance. Why don't I find that terrible? What more does a person need on a daily basis? I guess that's just coming from my poverty POV. I'm not saying she was justified giving a grown man an allowance, but whatever....

Dear Readers, this weekend I was a most pleased guest at a friend's graduation party. Congrats to you, Dear Friend. We are all proud of you...you might as well be a dr"."! You Wendynistas, know that is DeeeeAaaarPeriod!

Dear Readers, and Dear Master Graduate, I must tell you how good it felt...during HER FABULOUS CELEBRATION, she leaned over and told me how much she loved my blog. Are you serious!? Here I was, with my BA crumbling in my file at home and this gorgeous, smart, strikingly interesting woman mentioned how she LOVED MY BLOG?

What a world.

Congrats to you again, Dr., and love to you Mister Twelve!


You get me, that's why I love you...

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment