Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Twenty-first Tuesday

Hello Readers!

In high spirits today...work was not a nightmare, my son arrived in one piece from camp and I'm home with my woman. What more could I ask for? I'll tell you, since you asked, well not really..but who is the blogger?

Enter Me...Sweaty at the bus stop, wearing a pink skirt, dark purple top near blue and black flats (what else?). Don't forget my super big pink/black plaid shades. I am only on my way home-not looking for any trouble.

Enter Old Pimp Daddy...I saw him coming before he even got there-I could almost read his mind. You think I was sweaty? My man was almost floating down Webster Avenue. Here he comes down the steps of the Senior Center.

(Pimp Music Please)
And Scene!!

Old Pimp walks toward me fake looking at his watch. He is all shaking and because I am a believer, its because he is nervous, not afflicted. He takes another glance at me, digs out his handkerchief (egads) and wipes some of the Hudson River off his brow.

Old Pimp: Hot enough for you? (Readers, I can't make this up)

Me: Ah, yes.

OP: mmmhmmm Say! What's your favorite season!!!?? (He was VERY excited)

Me: Mmm Spring, or even

OP: FALL???!!! Yes me too, not too hot, not too cold, ah yes.

Me: Blank stare turned elated at the bus approaching.

OP: Hey, what do you do!?

Me: Dietitian (that's what they all call me, right?)

OP: Hey!!!! We got a kitchen in there, I'm like a social worker, you should visit!

Me: Ahh (heading stealthy toward the bus) ooohhh um

OP: Lemme give you mah card!!!!

Readers. This OP actually gave me his business card. What the hell? I have to admire his boldness. I still got it. Yep, that's me, Lola...he must think my name is Lolita. Since I wanted him to smile all the way back into the Senior Center, I dutifully put it in my wallet. Its still there. No, I don't think I will need to look him up anytime soon, but I've not had a chance to toss it yet.

Who knows? (Pimp music, please) I might just need it one day.

On other fronts, I watched the first 8min of More To Love, the Bacheloresque show featuring big girls and the one big guy who loves them...and I just can't. They look so hopeful, and there is no reason for them not to-but their hopefulness is almost at a pathetic level. Each girl would either bounce or seductively swagger up to the "John" and say a few words-then the screen would switch to their private interview and they would say a little something about themselves. One woman was crying about buying the clothes that fit her right now and not promising to diet tomorrow. I turned the channel then. I don't really watch those type of reality shows-I much rather Intervention, Housewives or Bridezilla. Perhaps if the hook of the show was not plus sized women, I'd check it out. Why can't all the plus size ones and negative sized ones vie for the same man? What are people really watching for? Not for me, that's just my opinion.

Now I am watching Disorder in the Court. This is a good show. Whoo hoo...the drama of Cops without all the chasing and sirens. Its a reality show with real videos of court mishaps. When I say mishaps, you ought to read beat downs. In between there are lawyers, officers, and psychologists offering their thoughts. Oh yeah. Its a little emotional to see family members so upset, but if you can see past that, its good tv.

My Lovely is out of the shower and as much as I love you all, it is hard to concentrate on anything but her right now. Anyway its 9:30 and some of US have to work tomorrow. Speaking of work, I have a meeting on Thursday. Oh joy. I'll keep you posted.

If any of you would like the opportunity to meet an Old Pimp from the Senior Center, let me know. I'll hook it up.

You get me. That's why I love you.

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment