Thursday, December 10, 2009

41st Tuesday

Good Day Readers!

What a week, what a month, what a life! I have so much to do yet I keeping getting distracted. I know that there is some way I can blame this on my childhood. Anyway. I will put that on my to do list. Well, I would put it on my to do list if I had such a list. My lists are never really functional and helpful. They are more like Top Ten lists. You are my Dear Reader, you know what I speak of. There are a few things I'd like to cover today, one thing that I find VERY EXCITING..like the evening news, I'm going to hold the VERY EXCITING news until the end of the blog to keep you interested.

Don't think I don't know you can just click on down to the end of the blog and skip all the rest, but we have an honor system here. Ok. S'right?

S'right makes me think of one of the greatest old commercials of all time, the Parkay commercials with the talking butter tub. That's all I'm saying about that. If you don't know Warner Wolfe, then you won't know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry that I am in my EARLY thirties and I spent a huge part of my life watching television, lol'ing away.

Lol'ing: the act of laughing out loud. I'm using my poetic justice pull as a blogger to add that to our (you + me = our) vocabulary. Feel free to use it anywhere you like. I won't take credit for it, one of my Dear Readers mentioned it on her FB. This Dear Reader is the super smart graduate that I told you about many blogs ago. Who are we to deny a super smart graduate the right to make her own words? Its not like its something ridiculous like sniglicaboque for bread. I would never co-sign on any such made up word. Sniglicaboque? Even I have my limits. I think its perfectly acceptable to add on to words, providing you are not using your new words in something important like a thesis...do you hear me super smart graduate? Don't go around making up ridiculous words and utilizing them in important reports and blaming me.

Blaming me....I'm flashbacking...when I was in 3rd grade, a little misunderstood kid in catholic school (who knew?), I had a friend named "Weisha". As in We should never call her Kiesha, because maybe she won't want to be part of my blog. One day Weisha observed me feeding the pigeons puffy cheese doodles. Don't ask me how I was so independently wealthy to throw perfectly good puffy cheese doodles at birds. I think I was just lonely. Anyway Weisha was so fascinated by this that she asked if she could feed the birds. I told her to bring money the next day and we can feed them together. Dear Readers, is this starting to sound dangerous? Not yet? mmhmmm.
The next day I was called to the office (here comes the danger). Weisha, her mother and Sr. Whatzit were sitting in the office. Weisha was crying, her mother was fuming and the nun was NOT surprised that I was apparently behind this. Care to guess what happened? Turns out Weisha was so happy about feeding time on Hoe Avenue that she decided to go into her mother's bag for the money. I don't know how many bags of puffy doodles this chick thought we were going to buy because she took $100! All of this is almost slapstick, almost like the Facts of Life until you hear the punchline. Me. I was the punchline. Weisha confessed that I TOLD her that she better bring money if she wanted to feed the pigeons.

I think that's when the blogger was born. I talked my way out of that like it was nobody's business. All I needed was a choir behind me. I had to think fast on my feet, lose my shyness and defend myself.

I don't know what happened to Weisha. I was off the hook, her mother got her $100 back and the nun went back to counting pretzel money and praying. Weisha and I never really became friends, with her being stone cold crazy and whatnot.

Anyway, I'm happy I have all of you!

Oh the good news...now I am having second thoughts...stay tuned! Ha! I don't want to lose you right before the holidays, I'm happy to think that we will be together. I can tell you that there are some changes a'brewing and I don't mean my hair!

You get me, that's why I love you.


Lola aka Puffy Cheese Doodle Pimp Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment