Thursday, December 31, 2009

43rd Tuesday...Last Blog of 2009

Dear Readers:

Bear with me when I tell you that I double fist-pumped the air as I typed Last Blog of 2009! Woo-hoo! I am so proud of myself, and as always I thank you. As we proceed to give you what you need, I need you to know that my contacts are a little dry, I'm at a strange pc AND its New Year's Eve. I know its only 7:29, but I am two hard drinks and two beers in, so please bear with me. Don't worry I'm not Drunkedly McDrunk Drunk, nor do I aspire to be so. There is so much I want to wrap up in this blog.

However, (somehow the paragraph does not seem to end right, damn you Jack Danials) I don't have too much time, nor do I have the focus, but I can tell you BEYOND THE SHADOW OF THE DOUBT THAT I'VE BEEN DYING TO WRITE YOU since I saw the movie that changes the lives of all bloggers, Julie & Julia, or the other way around....

Julie and Julia is the story of an ordinary chick (see me) who decides to start a blog (see me x2) in which she completes all the recipes in the Julia Childs cookbook.
Those of you who know me in my ordinary life know that I love to cook. It only makes sense that someone (oink) who enjoys eating should enjoy cooking. Imagine how excited I was to watch this movie.

It was like watching me. I was played by...Amy Adams..I think. Anyhow, I don't have time to go to one of the greatest sites ever, IMDB (internet movie data base) but I am pretty sure it was Amy Adams. She did a great job playing me. She kept telling her husband (ew..not so much me) that her Readers (thats you guys) would miss her blog.

I can tell you that the one thing that differed with my story and hers is that HER DEAR READERS started sending her gifts. Not gifts like NY&Co cards, but foodie gifts to help complete her recipes. I would say that that sort of thing only happens in movies starring Amy Adams, BUT the movie was based on true events.

mmhmm We are going to just let that tidbit go.

Anyhow, she talked so fondly about her Readers, I feel like she got it...like she gets us.

Oh boy, I have been informed that Spence is here. While I don't know Spence, I do know that I am on a strange pc in someone else's home and the statement "Spence is here!", roughly translates that its time to eat.

I want to return to you, Dear Readers, there is so much more for us to discuss before 2010...but time is running out. I know you don't want me to miss dinner!

You get me, that's why I love you.

Lola

Perhaps I will be back before the BALL drops, but if not...I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU FOR VISITING, READING, COMMENTING, MOSTLY LOVING ME! I DON'T COME FROM A TERRIBLE BROKEN HOME, BUT IF I DID, I WOULD FEEL COMPLETED BY MY DEAR READERS! BE CAREFUL, BUT HAVE FUN...if fun means drinking until you puke all over a loved one, I strongly caution you against such base behavior...there are only a few Lovely's in the world that can withstand such pressure.......mmmhmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment