Tuesday, December 22, 2009

42nd Street...I Mean Tuesday, 42nd Tuesday!

Greetings Readers!

Its all about good stuff..that's what IT'S about! I'm in high spirits today and I hope you all are too. We had Secret Santa at work today and I got a gift card to my FAVORITE STORE, NY&Co. Dear Readers who want to earn gold stars, should jot that fact down.

Today I got up and decided that in light of the fact that it is less than 48hrs to my holiday break, I would really dress up to commemorate the occasion. I want to tell you what I'm wearing, however, we all (or you all allow me to believe) that my identity is a secret. I will tell you that I am wearing holiday colors and a big black satin bow in my hair and a big green ribbon around my neck.

I'm like Gossip Girl and Santa had a baby. There is so much on my mind and I am trying to keep things light and airy. This morning I had a momentary blah, but I just looked in a mirror, straightened my satin ribbon and kept on moving.

Life is good, its so good. One of my Dear Readers arrived home safely from a trip yesterday. Welcome back, I hope you received my voicemail.

Uh oh...upset in the ranks of Dear Readers!? I do sometimes pick up the phone. If I have your number, you know that. If I could I would call you ALL tomorrow at 5am to gaily announce, TODAY IS THE LAST TIME I'M WAKING BEFORE 9 UNTIL NEW YEAR!
If you would like that feel free to leave your number at the end of this blog. I.WILL.HOOK.YOU.UP. I have so much work to do, but its so hard under the pressure of ALMOST OFF UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

I must share with you that I was under the impression I was off for two weeks. It feels like it will be two weeks, but I just counted the days and its NOT two weeks. That's ok. That's truly fine. I'm so happy that I will be able to sleep in a little bit. Of course me sleeping in is not the biggest deal. McKinley is up every day at the crack no matter what, and she HATES for anyone to be asleep when she is awake, but I am hoping that her Christmas gifts keep her occupied. I'll probably just offer her a little incentive (read: threat) to keep her quiet.

I have given myself a little end of the year resolution. Typically I don't do resolutions, not for anything grander than I can barely stick to anything, I'm certainly not going to beat myself up for it. Maybe I should not even call this a resolution..a dare..a promise...a challenge...see all those words reek of resolution. Damn. Ok. How about this, I might, just might, NO PRESSURE, not be aggravated until next year. How's that? With every contract there must be the fine print, and in this case, if/when/however I am aggravated, I will SMILE. I will flash a dazzling smile. That's all. I am a firm believer that smiles make you feel better. They do make me feel better.

I smile every time I see a reflective surface--not just a mirror. It may seem silly, but you ought to try it. For those Dear Readers who lack the GOODWILL to send me a NY&Co card, you can do me that one solid for the holidays. Smile. It's not as easy as it sounds, but once you start it gets easier.

I don't care if your smile is that creepy Disneyesque villain smile, still smile. Don't believe that when you smile, the world smiles with you-that's all hype. In fact, you DON'T EVEN know what people are smiling about, but you know what your smile is about and that's good enough.

CONFESSION TIME CONFESSION TIME CONFESSION TIME CONFESSION TIME

I'm watching Jersey Shore. Yes, I am. I know you are surprised, me too. I only started watching it because I wanted to see what was so terrible about it. I mean, don't ALL REALITY shows portray people in a prejudiced light? Hello...Baldwin Hills, Real Housewives, Who Wants to Love So and So and Be a Millionaire Matcher Maker TriSexual? Aren't they all the same? I heard that there was such a big deal about Jersey Shore, so I went to see for myself. I am a longtime reality tv follower. I'm a people watcher by heart so it makes sense for me-what's your excuse? So yes, they do a terrible disservice to Italians, but so what? The Real World started it.

Remember, they had the following characters, no matter what:
1. The Angry Black Person (my personal favorite)
2. The Alcoholic (the one who always hopped into the hot tub 1ST)
3. The Gay/Bi/Trans (depending on the season)
4. The Jock (a popular character)
5. The Homo/Black/Phobe (sometimes this was the Jock, some seasons had TWO
PHOBES, the homophobic and the blackphobic)
6. The Good One (the peacemaker)
7. The Nobody (poor casting rears its ugly head)
8. The Whore (could be any of the above or singular sensation)

Since the Real World was such a success, what makes you think that this would not grow? Why can't all the Angry Black Girls have their own show...I might be on that one. Who says all the Nobodies can't enjoy popularity for a minute? As far as the Alcoholic...Intervention is only a few clicks away. I think the only show that would get low ratings would be the The Good One Show. Good just doesn't sell. I'm sorry Good Ones. No one want to play with you, Good Ones.

Dear Readers, its noon and my 180 minute break is sadly over.

You get me. That's why I love you.

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment